Tuesday, October 6, 2009

To market, to market ......

Alipants attended our second market on Sunday and what a busy day we had. The Minilala's showcase certainly caught the eye of most of the people that passed us by. I had quite a few people enquire if the Minlala's were covers for disposables ... and were quite startled to discover that they were in fact nappies! I had a lot of thrilled older ladies patting the nappies, I am sure that they wished MCNs were available back when terry cloth nappies were their only option. Lost of fliers were distributed and hopefully a few people were converted to the cloth side!
One of the most pleasing things for me on Sunday was that I received a lot of compliments on how professional my stall looks ... many thanks to my uber talented graphics designer Kate from One Tree Hill Design. I must apologise for the poor quality of the pictures of my stall, I had packed my rather fancy camera in the morning but somehow it never made its way into my car (I intensely dislike daylight savings, I struggle to adjust .. always have .. always will and it was rather cruel for daylight savings to begin on a market day) so my only other option was my phone which as you can clearly see does not take the best photos in the world *sigh*. Forgive me please .......

I was suprised by how many cloth users came up to say hello and drool over the Minilala's. I also had the priviledge of meeting the twin girls that are featured in the "Think outside the square" MCN advocacy brochure that the Australian Nappy Network have and their lovely mother Kate. I was really thrilled to meet them, I know that it kind of makes me cloth nappy nerd .... but so be it!
On the website front ..... Kate and I are working really hard on the website and it should be launched by the end of the month. I know that it seems like ages away but it will be worth the wait I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment